Goals of NMA
The aim of the NMA Special Interest Group (SIG) is to foster the research and development of novel analytical approaches and technical solutions that can exploit network measurements and Big Data analytics and frameworks in the analysis of complex data communication networks such as the Internet. NMA mission is to collect and disseminate worldwide activities conducted in academia and industry in the domains of network measurements and applied (big) data analytics.
The focus of NMA is on improving the practice or application of measurements across the entire network stack up to the application layer, with an emphasis on new areas of data communication networks such as SDNs, CDNs, Cloud Networks, Social Networks, mobile applications and data centers. The SIG also tracks more traditional network measurement topics such as traffic classification, network security and anomaly detection, network performance evaluation and traffic analysis.
NMA is supported by the Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA) research community, started back in 2008 under the umbrella of the EU COST framework. The recently started Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis Conference (TMA 2017) is the flagship annual conference of the NMA SIG.
Major Related Conferences
NMA topics are linked to different conferences, workshops and specific journals. The following list includes only the major venues with a specific focus on network measurements and analytics. Other conferences, workshops and events where NMA topics are present in their CFPs but are not part of the core of the event are listed in the Open CFPs section.
Flagship annual conference of the Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA) community, sponsored by IFIP and IEEE. TMA is a highly selective venue for the presentation of both early-stage and mature research as well as controversial works on all the aspects of network measurements. The TMA conference is a unification of three successful workshops: the Traffic Monitoring and Analysis Workshop (TMA), the IEEE Workshop on TRaffic Analysis and Characterization (TRAC), and the IEEE Workshop on Network Measurements (WNM). (acceptance rate ~32% | submissions ~50)
Annual conference focusing on Internet measurement and analysis, sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM and ACM SIGMETRICS. IMC papers should improve current understanding of how to collect or analyze Internet measurements, or give insight into how the Internet behaves. IMC is currently recognized as the most important conference on network measurements. (acceptance rate ~23% | submissions ~190)
PAM focuses on research and practical applications of network measurement and analysis techniques. PAM has traditionally focused on research and practical applications of specific network measurements. However, over the last years, PAM has broadened its scope to encompass measurements of networked applications and systems, content distribution networks, online social networks, overlay networks, and more. (acceptance rate ~31% | submissions ~90)
Flagship annual conference of the Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM). SIGCOMM is a highly selective conference where full papers typically report novel results firmly substantiated by experimentation, deployment, simulation, or analysis. (acceptance rate ~17% | submissions ~240)
CoNEXT is focused on innovative developments for networking, including Internet measurements, and is sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM. CoNEXT covers a wide-ranging set of topics, including Internet measurements and modeling, advanced protocols and services, networked games, multimedia services, routing, security traffic engineering, peer-to-peer and overlay networks, wireless and mobile networks, ad-hoc and sensors networks or autonomic and dependable communications are frequently found in its calls for papers. (acceptance rate ~19% | submissions ~150)
Other Related Conferences and Workshops
- Big-DAMA – ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning for Data Communication Networks
- NSDI – USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (acceptance rate ~18% | submissions ~170)
- ICDCS – IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (acceptance rate ~15% | submissions ~500)
- ICDE – IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (acceptance rate ~25% | submissions ~400)
- INFOCOM – IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (acceptance rate ~18% | submissions ~1650)
- ITC – International Teletraffic Congress, Measurements and Big Data Analytics Track (acceptance rate ~33% | submissions ~90)
- IFIP Networking – International Conference on Networking (acceptance rate ~25% | submissions ~200)
- CNSM – International Conference on Network and Service Management (acceptance rate ~17% | submissions ~110)
- KDD – ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (acceptance rate ~15% | submissions ~1000)
- BigData – IEEE International Conference on Big Data (acceptance rate ~18% | submissions ~400)
- CCS – ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (acceptance rate ~17% | submissions ~800)
- AIMS – CAIDA Workshop on Active Internet Measurements (by invitation only)
- HotNets – ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (open CFP, participation by invitation only)
- ANRW – ACM, IRTF & ISOC Applied Networking Research Workshop
- NetworkML – Workshop on Machine Learning in Computer Networks
Open CFPs linked to NMA
- DAMN! 2017, Workshop on Data Analytics for Mobile Networking, Mar 13-17 2017 @Hawaii, USA.
Nov 4 2016/Nov 11 2016/Dec 23 2016.
- ICDCS 2017, Jun 5-8 2017 @Atlanta, USA.
Dec 5 2016/Dec 12 2016/Mar 6 2017.
- QoE-Management 2017, Workshop on Quality of Experience Management, May 8-12 2017 @Lisbon, Portugal.
Dec 15 2016/Dec 19 2016/Jan 30 2017.
- AnNet 2017, Workshop on Analytics for Network and Service Management, May 8 2017 @Lisbon, Portugal.
Dec 15 2016/Dec 19 2016/Jan 30 2017.
- IFIP Networking 2017, Jun 13-15 2017 @Stockholm, Sweden.
Jan 7 2017/Jan 14 2017/Apr 7 2017.
- WTMC 2017, Workshop on Traffic Measurements for Cybersecurity, May 25 2017 @San Jose, USA.
Jan 15 2017/Feb 15 2017.
- SIGCOMM 2017, Aug 21-25 2017 @Los Angeles, USA.
Jan 20 2017/Jan 27 2017/May 5 2017.
- TMA Conference 2017, Jun 21-23 2017 @Dublin, Ireland.
Jan 27 2017/Feb 3 2017/Apr 3 2017.
- ITC 29, Sep 4-8 2017 @Genoa, Italy. Mar 12 2017/Mar 19 2017/May 14 2017.
- Internet-QoE 2017, 2nd ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on QoE-based Analysis and Management of Data Communication Networks, Aug 21 2017 @LA, USA. Mar 17/Mar 24/Apr 28.
- Big-DAMA 2017, ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning for Data Communication Networks, Aug 21 2017 @LA, USA. Mar 17/Mar 24/Apr 28.
- ANRW 2017, ACM, IRTF & ISOC Applied Networking Research Workshop, Jul 15 2017 @Prague, Czech Republic. Apr 3/Jun 2.
- MNM 2017, IEEE/IFIP Workshop on Mobile Network Measurement, Jun 20 2017 @Dublin, Ireland. Apr 7 2017/Apr 28 2017.
- IMC 2017, ACM Internet Measurement Conference 2017, Nov 1-3 2017 @London, UK. May 11/May 18/Jul 31.